I don't actually know if it works in-universe, but considering walkers sensing humans is based on smell and noise, being quiet and masking the smell with anything non-human should work, logically speaking.
I did get the idea from somewhere, a book, I think, where this one guy did the smoke thing to avoid infected people, but I can't remember what book it was.
Doesn't even have to be smoke. You could cover yourself in piss or something and still possibly get through a herd.
Ivan and Ethan were originally the same character (retaining the name Ethan) - this is shown in the Episode 4 slide where a hooded figure that looks like Ethan is holding a gun to the back of Vince's head, when in the story it was Ivan who originally did this.
Early ideas for the bandits included 3 additional members; a man wielding a crossbow, a female bandit, and another (more forgettable) male bandit. They were mainly cut because keeping them in would give the bandits more of an advantage in the final battle and their characters were more forgettable than the other bandits.
Fun Fact #7
Miles was originally going to make it to Episode 5. I kind of regret killing him, but I think I gave him as good of a send off as he was going to get, no matter if it was premature or not.
Fun Fact #8
Lucia was originally known as Zoey early on, before I decided on a name that better reflected her hispanic roots.
Fun Fact #9
Daniel was originally shot in the stomach, not stabbed.
- Several names have meanings which play into their roles in the story. Miles can mean Gracious/Soldier, which provided the name of Chapter 35. Ethan means solid/enduring, which shows how he managed to withstand that bullet wound in the final fight with Wyatt. Ivan's name comes from Ivan The Terrible.
- Eventually Becca would've succumbed to unconsciousness during the torture scene, but, y'know, she's kinda fun to write for.
- Annie was originally going to get roughed up a bit like the rest of the group while they were held prisoner by Ivan, but it was overkill and I wasn't fond of it.
- Somewhere in my notes the sentence "Ivan gloats or some shit. He killed Miles. What a dick." is found. Oh, and "Walker fight shit happens, walkers and shit."
- Originally there was going to be a burning building in Episode 5, which would've been how the group were masked by smoke allowing them to pass through the herd. That was removed because I couldn't think of a decent way for the building to catch fire.
- "No more" wasn't originally going to be Miles' last words. At some point it was simply, "Please," then it was a brief "Fuck you," then it was "Laura". All of them were either cliche or lame so I changed it.
- Two characters' fates could've been switched; Wyatt and Russell. Wyatt could've been presumed dead and Russell could've lived to Episode 5.
bubbafightsunlimited: anyway long story short what happened the past 6 months: got dumped (sort of), had a very stressful first half of my second semester of senior year HS, then got accepted to harvard (yay)
Jul 9, 2020 1:35:17 GMT
bubbafightsunlimited: my life is pretty much unrecognizable from last year so
Jul 9, 2020 1:35:48 GMT